Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday's Diet

Didn't track my diet yesterday, but I tried to stay low in carbs. I was busy all day redecorating the bedroom, so I grabbed meals about every 2-3 hours. Today I am playing it by ear based on how depleted I am. I may stay at 100 or go up closer to 125.

0630: 1/3c cottage cheese, 4 oz yogurt, 1/8c oats (147)

0830: 5 egg whites, 1 WW tortilla (132)

*1030 Preworkout: 1/2c oats, 1/3c cottage cheese, 1/2 tbsp flax oil (247)

1200 - Train - Power & Conditioning

*1330 Postworkout - 1 scoop Simply Whey, 1 tbsp honey (179)

1600: 2.5 oz lean beef, 3c lettuce, corn/bean/avocado topping, salsa (225)

1800: 4 egg whites, 1 packet cream of wheat, 1c cucumber (165)

2100:



TOTALS:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick question. I have been following your training and diet because I eventually want to do a figure competition. What exactly is the difference between your "high, medium and low" days. Is that just for the carb intake? And what exactly are the numbers at the end of each meal in parenthesis??
I'm kind of new to all of this :) thanks!

Lissa said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by and commenting! The numbers at the end of each meal are the total calories. I track each macronutrient on FitDay but I also try to make each meal around the same number of cals, whether it's a complex carb or a fat that is supplemented with the protein. If I go a bit longer between meals, I usually bump up the cals.

I cycle my carbs - at that time - on a 3-day rotation. This week I'm experimenting a bit more with staying lower a day or two longer before bumping up. The point of carb cycling is to induce fat loss with low carbs, then bump up to boost your metabolism and refill your glycogen to keep muscle and provide energy for training.

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.