Monday, October 06, 2008

I ran the Army Ten Miler!


Well I finished the race and it was incredible! I wasn't that excited going into it, but once we got started I got fired up. This race is the best of its class. 26,000 registered runners make it the biggest 10 miler in the nation. Dave and I arrived just after the Golden Knights parachute team made their jump. We saw the last one making his descent.

Throughout the race, Army bands were playing music to keep us pumped. The thousands of volunteers made this event so incredible; I am grateful for their service. Running through Washington DC is an awesome experience. With no traffic and transportation on foot, you can see all the museums, monuments and rivers. The weather was a perfect sunny day, 55 degrees at the start of the race.

I made my best time yet, finishing in 1:43. Here's a picture Dave took just after I finished. Even though you're not supposed to photograph it, that's the Pentagon behind me!

Oh, and after we got home, Dave cooked me a huge breakfast from scratch: eggs, sausage, toast with orange juice and coffee. He's the best!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.