Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Week (and two classes) Down!

This past week was crazy! I am taking 4 college classes condensed into 8-week semesters. While I'm only taking 2 classes per semester, two semesters overlapped for a 3-week period. Last week was the culmination of the first two classes, so I was super-swamped studying for finals, writing papers and doing regular assignments in my other two classes, plus helping Dave with his calc class. I spent no less than 5 hours M-F on homework, then 8 hours EACH Saturday and Sunday! I finished around 5pm yesterday with 3 pending assignments not completed, but I was spent and needed a break!

Maybe surprising to some, I didn't miss a workout last week! :) No matter how busy I am, I do my best to make it to the gym. I need the stress relief, the endorphins, and of course I don't want to fall back on my training. At this point in my fitness career, my training level is advanced to the point where it takes a drastic, consistent and all-out effort for me to make even small changes. Just maintaining my normal routine will not help me with any new gains, so I'm making a concerted effort to fully utilize the next 5-6 months before I start dieting again.

Here's the training round-up for last week:
Mon-Cardio;Quads
Tue-Cardio;Hams, Calves
Wed-Cardio;Chest,Tris,Abs
Thu-Routine practice
Fri-Back,Bis,Calves
Sat-Power,Shoulders

So let's hope I can easily get the schoolwork and the workouts in this week, since my workload has been reduced by half!

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.