Monday, January 15, 2007

Coming along...

Well, I am closer to recovery than I've been in the past 6 months! I did my first "real" leg workout two Fridays ago, and felt pretty good - maybe around 85%. Granted, my volume was nearly cut in half, but it's better than nothing! I've learned a great deal of patience and not to rush things, especially injuries! I am praying to be able to get back on stage in the late summer/fall, and to be in Dallas in November competing at Nationals again. I don't know what God is holding for me in the future, so I will try and roll with the punches and be content no matter what.

I am at least setting a loose training plan for 2007, since I am a planning freak, lol! I have app. 44 weeks until Nationals. Divide that up and you get 3 12-week phases and 1 8-week phase. My timeline goals are to be recovered well enough to resume regular leg training at the end of this 8-week phase (mid-March). Other phase goals are to begin taking dance lessons, and head into phase 2 by taking private gymnastics lessons. I want to be as prepared as possible, so I will condition and recover for the next 8 weeks prior to starting the lessons. However, this is a lot harder with a full-time job that requires some travel, plus going to school part-time. I will do my best to balance all without having to get EVERYTHING done, and without compromising my spiritual and family life.

For those that have read this far, thank you for stopping by my Blog to see what I've been up to. I appreciate your concern! Wish me the best as I wish nothing but the best to you in 2007 and beyond.

Lissa

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.