Friday, June 05, 2009

18 1/2 Weeks

Feeling great - my best so far! The past 2 weeks I've experienced more energy and no more morning sickness - yay! I have noticed it's been a bit difficult to sleep (to stay asleep, that is). I spontaneously wake up 2-3 times throughout the night, plus the 1-2 times that my uterus-pressed bladder SCREAMS to me, lol.

I've also just recently noticed the ligaments in my lower abdomen are stretching. I've felt the ligaments in the sides of my back and sides of my abs stretching for about a month now. Just this week, my joints have gotten really loose and hyper-mobile due to the relaxin (which allows the hips to spread for delivery). If I stand and twist I will feel/hear a knee or ankle crack/pop. Very weird!

Since I feel good, I'm eating better and exercising more. Each weight workout takes me about 35-40 minutes. This week, my scheduled looked like this:

Mon: Shoulders
Tue: Triceps, Calves
Wed: Hamstrings, Biceps
Thu: Back
Fri: Quads, Calves

I typically go for a long walk with my husband 1-2 times weekly and/or spend an hour or two doing yardwork. That's my "cardio"!

My next prenatal appointment is this coming Monday. Will have the urinalysis to check for sugar and protein, weight, blood pressure, and fetal heartbeat check.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think the waking up thing is a preparation of things to come!! I have yet to sleep a full night!
Glad you are feeling good and your workout schedule looks great!

Good luck at your appt!

Cheryl said...

Looks great!
Sleep will come, in a year or so!

Lisa Griffin said...

Hi,
My name is Lisa. I don't know how I cam across your page but I am 18 weeks pregnant! I was training for my first figure competition which was taking place this month. I would really like to start following your blog, if you don't mind because I absolutely find it inspiration. I had a hard time dealing with the fact that I would have to cut back on workout and lifting hard due to the pregnancy. It is nice to see another women pregnant who has the same fitness goals as mine. I am sure you have competed in several competitions but I would like to see how you recover from your delivery and come to you for advice, if you don't mind. I am on Facebook and would love to keep in contact with you! Our due date is November 14th! We find out our baby's gender next weekend! We're hoping for a little girl. Thank you in advice for your time.
Sincerely,
Lisa G.
LisaMJGriffin@hotmail.com-
Look me up on facebook!;0)

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.