Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pregnancy Update - 15 Weeks

I will be at 15 weeks tomorrow! Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. Thank you all so much for your congrats and well wishes. :) It was awesome to celebrate my first Mother's Day and hubby took me out to lunch and a shopping spree for maternity clothes, lol!

My 6th through 10th week I dealt with a lot of morning sickness and fatigue. 8 hours of sleep each night plus a 2-3 hour nap during the day (love my job as a PT!). I had to eat whatever I could, and I was HUNGRY! Forget chicken breasts and veggies, lol, I was eating ravioli, breaded chicken patties and canned and frozen fruit. Now that the queasiness is gone and fatigue has lessened, I am back to near-normal off-season eating habits and am working out about 3 times a week.

Just had a prenatal appt. Monday and I weighed in at 166! The most I've ever weighed, and to think it will go up at least another 15 lbs. is kind of just funny. I'm averaging about 5 lbs. per month so far. I did start at 150 and 16% bodyfat so a lot was dieting rebound at first, especially with the strict and sudden diet changes I had to make to hold down food and get enough calories for baby.

In another month I can find out what the baby's gender is! Dave and I will be taking trips to see all our family this summer, while I'm still feeling well in the 2nd trimester, and before lockdown begins, ha ha. California, Florida and Pittsburgh are on our schedule.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congrats again!! What an exciting time in your marriage. Enjoy every single minute of it. The weight gain is not even an issue for you; you know your body too well.

Yes, I will be a Jr. USAs! Please if you can, stop by and say "Hey!!"

xoxo

Kim

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.