Monday, April 07, 2008

A Great Race!

Well, Dave and I are official finishers in the Cherry Blossom Ten Miler! We raced Sunday, and I stayed with him, urging him on and encouraging him to the finish line. In retrospect, I should've started his training program a month earlier, but I am so proud of him for sticking to it and following through.

We rested the remainder of the day, enjoying tasty carbs such as pasta with chicken and edamame, ezekiel bread, and a bit of pizza.

Today, I am in full force focus on my upcoming shows. Less than 4 weeks until Pittsburgh! Low carb day today, then I will take each day at a time, skating low carb days but going up at least every 3rd day. I hope by employing a more severe carb cycle that my body will respond extremely well and begin dropping weight quickly. I will also add in 3 additional training sessions from here out - a Tuesday night gymnastics class, Thursday night sport-specific cardio, and a Wednesday night run, which was only occasional previously.

I'm definitely excited that my season is coming up. I'm planning on three great shows, with the third being my best yet.

1 comment:

ロハスちゃん said...

Hello!
My Name Is LOHASchan.
I administer diet blog.
I linked your site.
Please link to my blog by all means.
http://goto-legdiet.blogspot.com/

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.