Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my 28th birthday! I am starting to "think old," to perhaps coin a new phrase. My mind and body still feel young, however when my life gets another tick mark placed next to it, I begin to ask these questions: What have I accomplished in this past year? Am I living my life to the fullest? Am I serving my God-given purpose or should I be doing more? My belief system assures me that my value and worth does not lie in works or accomplishments, but my Type A tendencies constantly pull me in that direction, like a team of horses pulling the carriage the way they wish despite the driver's best efforts to steer them another direction. I know my life purpose, I know my short- and long-term goals, and I believe I am fulfilling them while maintaining peace and life balance. However, what's in store for me in the coming years? Will I simply go on living this happy little life, or will I help bring people to truth and motivate them to pursue a fulfilling and meaningful existence? I know it doesn't lie on my shoulders, and my humble side assures me that I am not needed for the world to take its appropriate course, but I can't seem to quell these urges and passions. So, I keep trucking on, doing what I think is right but not doing too much that I forget to enjoy the moment. I am focusing on the journey and not the end. Which, when you are assured of your purpose and eternal destiny, is a quite satisfying and peaceful existence.

My deep thought for the day! :)

No comments:

BlogPlay

Share your links easily.